Saturday, January 29, 2011

Food Trip: Kabisera ng Dencio's at The Fort

Wednesday night was a date night for Ian and I. At first, I wanted to eat something light and healthy but my stomach protested at this idea (My stomach wanted RICE!) so we decided to eat in Kabisera ng Dencio's. 

If you're in Bonifacio High Street and craving for Filipino food, I would definitely recommend to come and eat here. We've actually eaten here with some friends before (binged on food would be the more accurate description) so we knew coming in that we liked the food here. Up front, I would have to say that the food is not cheap here but you get what you pay for. What we had (from our previous visit and from this one) did not disappoint.
Laing (Php 280)
Boneless Chicken BBQ (Php 190)
We ordered the laing (we've already tried this before and we KNEW it was good) and the chicken bbq. Honestly, when the chicken bbq arrived, we didn't really expect it to be on skewers. I was expecting it to be more of a grilled fillet of chicken meat with bbq sauce. I was mislead by the "boneless" part of its name, but the fault lies with me. I didn't think to ask the waiters. It was just ok, nothing special. The laing more than made up for the chicken bbq because it was just as we remembered - very, very good! We ordered 2 servings of the plain rice (i think it was called pandan rice) costing Php50 each. The rice was good - the mushy, slightly sticky kind that I liked and it went very well with the laing and chicken bbq. 

alcoholic drinks galore: san mig light for ian, mojito for me
After a long hard day at work, its always nice to kick back with a cold one. Kabisera was having a 1+1 promo with their drinks (I believe they have this promo everyday starting at 4pm.) so Ian ordered a below zero San Mig Light while I ordered a mojito. :) The servers were very accomodating. They served the two beers at the same time so by the time Ian finished with the first bottle, the second one was no longer below zero. But when we asked them to exchange it, they did so with no hesitation. There are no mojitos on their drink list but when I asked if they can serve mojitos, they said they could. They just billed us for a cosmopolitan instead. The mojito also had a 1+1 promo at 160 (I think around that) but they also have bottomless mojito for around 260 (I think..) so if my hazy recollections of the prices were correct.. this would be an awesome place for a mojito night! :)

lovely lamps in Kabisera
Can I just say that I love these lamps that light up Kabisera? :) All in all, I recommend coming here to dine if you're in a big group (about 4 or more). The price and the servings would be too much for just two people (at the very least, you won't be able to taste the "specialties" because the servings are for a larger group).

Kabisera ng Dencio's (across from R.O.X.)
B3, G/F Bonifacio High Street
Taguig City, Metro Manila
(02)8565543


No comments:

Post a Comment